What is the HMRS?
The Historical Model Railway Society, an Educational Charity, maintains a strong commitment toward obtaining, storing and distributing information of value and integrity. Material placed in its care will be treated with due regard to its information value
If you have an interest in the railways of Britain and you seek to expand your research options for making historically accurate railway models, then the HMRS is definitely for you. With around two thousand members worldwide, the HMRS is an active Society strongly committed to gathering and distributing UK railway information. It has a large collection of photographs, drawings and other archives. It also has a large library and has published a series of definitive books, largely concentrating on railway liveries.
Our objectives are:
- To gather accurate historical information on Britain's railways and make it widely available in perpetuity
- To provide the means of storing this information
- To provide this information to all members in the form of published material, prints from our photograph collection, journal references and copies of drawings
- To collect, store and distribute information from a wide variety of archive sources
- To encourage modellers to build with greater historical accuracy
- To encourage the publication of specialist books based upon the researches of its members
- To put people with a common interest in touch with each other to share information
Area Group Meetings
Around the UK we have several area groups who meet regularly. Their activities include informal evenings, speakers on various historical or modelling topics, trips out and photographic surveys. All area meetings are open to non-members and a very warm welcome awaits you.
The HMRS is unique in providing a "Company Steward" service, from where those who specialise in one railway company or operating aspect can obtain specific information, or be put in touch with someone who may be able to answer your questions. The Company Stewards keep registers of people who specialise in their topic and always welcome new sources of information.
PC Methfix® & Pressfix® Transfers Range
We produce and supply the full range of PC Transfers in 4mm and 7mm. HMRS Members receive a substantial discount on purchase by post direct.
We invite you to have a look around the web site to get an impression of some of the other things we get involved with - not least being our Museum and Study Centre!
page content owner: webmaster
page structure last modified: 3 Mar 2013